Teaching at Pinnacle
Teaching staff at Pinnacle are united by a guiding philosophy of teaching based on fostering the individual talents of each student. We provide an inclusive, vibrant and positive learning environment.
Teaching approach and objectives:
- To provide a core curriculum that leads to the development of age appropriate skills, concepts and critical thinking.
- To encourage students to develop talents and explore individual areas of interest through developmentally appropriate projects and experiences.
- To encourage the use of technology to facilitate learning and communication.
- To understand individual learning styles and to employ effective lesson and design strategies for teaching and learning.
- To use the resources of Adelaide and its surrounds to enrich the curriculum and to develop an awareness that learning takes place beyond the classroom.
- To work collaboratively with parents and caregivers to enhance the development of their child’s learning.
Pinnacle College teachers are committed to:
- Nurturing trusting relationships with students.
- Setting challenging and purposeful learning objectives.
- Utilising diverse and effective teaching strategies.
- Modelling creativity, innovation and responsible risk-taking.
- Encouraging growth of individual gifts and abilities.
- Celebrating growth and perseverance.
- Modelling integrity, ethics, and justice.
- Developing critical thinking skills.