The teaching staff at Pinnacle is united by a guiding philosophy of teaching based on fostering the individual talents of each student. We provide a progressive, vibrant and positive learning environment.
Teaching approach and objectives:
To provide a core curriculum that leads to the development of age appropriate skills, concepts and critical thinking.
To encourage students to develop talents and explore individual areas of interest through developmentally appropriate projects and experiences.
To encourage the use of technology to facilitate learning and communication.
To understand individual learning styles and to employ effective lesson and design strategies for teaching and earnings.
To use the resources of Adelaide and its surrounds to enrich the curriculum and to develop an awareness that learning takes place beyond the classroom.
To work collaboratively with parents and caregivers to enhance the development of their child’s learning.
Pinnacle College teachers are committed to:
- Nurturing trusting relationships with students
- Setting challenging and purposeful learning objectives
- Utilising diverse and effective teaching strategies
- Modelling creativity, innovation and responsible risk-taking
- Encouraging growth of individual gifts and abilities
- Celebrating growth and perseverance
- Modelling integrity, grace and justice
- Developing learning and thinking skills